Seek Thermal Scan – Thermal Imaging System for Elevated Temperature
- Non-contact / non-invasive screening
- Clear pass/fail visual alerts
- Fast evaluation time
- Easy set up – ready to go in minutes
- Measurement distance is approximately 5 feet
Seek Scan is a simple, low-cost, thermal imaging system designed to automate body temperature screening using skin temperature as a proxy. Unlike traditional screening methods, Seek Scan enables social distancing, self-measurement and finds the most reliable spot on the face for temperature measurement.
The Seek Scan process provides an additional layer of preventive screening and delivers more peace of mind to businesses, institutions and participants.
Set up Seek Scan in minutes using two tripods and a Windows PC. Please note, tripods are not included.
Made in USA with global components.
How does it work?
Seek Scan is specifically designed and calibrated to deliver accurate skin temperature measurements while enabling social distancing protocols. In seconds, the system automatically detects a face, identifies the most reliable facial features for measurement, and displays an alert if someone is warmer than the customizable alarm temperature.
Unlike typical industrial thermal cameras, Seek Scan was developed for precise skin temperature measurement and maximizes accuracy by referencing a fixed heat source with a known temperature value. Including a fixed heat source in the system lets Seek Scan produce much higher accuracy than a standard thermal imaging camera. The Seek Scan process provides an additional layer of preventive screening and can deliver more peace of mind to businesses, institutions and participants
Skin temperature vs body temperature
Seek Scan measures skin temperature as a proxy for body temperature.
Here are a few things to know about skin temperature measurement:
- Skin temperature is typically a few degrees less than body temperature. As such, Seek Scan will report temperature readings lower than internal body temperature. This means the system is working properly.
- A person’s skin temperature may vary based on a variety of circumstances such as ambient temperature, sweat, facial hair, and glasses. For this reason, Seek Scan graphs all recent temperature measurements to help the user clearly see anomalies and set a desired temperature alarm threshold based on their own environment.
- Seek Scan is programmed to measure the most reliable parts of the face to produce the best results with high accuracy