- It is directly supported by Arduino official Ethernet Library.
- It adds a micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network.
- It is compatible with the Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), UNO as well as Mega (1280/2560) and can be accessed using the SD library.
- The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP.
- It supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
- Use the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield.