DC-DC Buck Converter Step Down Module LM2596 Power Supply is a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version.
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be required with lower frequency switching regulators.
This is an LM2596 DC-DC buck converter step-down power module with the high-precision potentiometer, capable of driving a load up to 3A with high efficiency, which can work with Freeduino UNO, other main boards, and basic modules. When the output current keeps greater than 2.5A (or output power greater than 10W), please add a heat sink to it.
This device is internally compensated to minimize the number of external components to simplify the power supply design.
Since LM2596 converter is a switch-mode power supply, its efficiency is significantly higher in comparison with popular three-terminal linear regulators, especially with higher input voltages. The LM2596 operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators.
- Module Properties: non-isolated constant voltage module
- Rectification: non-synchronous rectification
- Input voltage: 4.5V-35V
- Output Voltage(Less than input): 1.3V-30V
- Output current: 3A maximum
- Conversion efficiency: 92% (maximum)
- Switching frequency: 150KHz
- Output ripple: 50mV (maximum) 20M-bandwidth
- Load regulation: ± 0.5%
- Voltage regulation: ± 2.5%
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
Package Includes :
1 x LM2596 DC-DC Buck Converter Step Down Module.